Aircraft Painter (Jet)
Prepares and applies aircraft paint coatings to jet aircraft piece parts, assemblies, and airframes.
The position entails sanding, prepping, masking, and spray painting aircraft piece parts, assemblies, and on-aircraft touch-ups.
Position Location and Schedule
Full-time, first-shift position at AVMATS Jet Support.
750 N. Beechcraft Ave.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
- Monday - Friday
- 6:45am to 3:15pm
- Overtime time available as needed
- Thorough knowledge of coating material preparation, mixing, and application.
- Have proper hand tools to complete the work assigned.
- Be able to utilize company-provided spray paint equipment to include pressure pots, paint guns, Microflex paint guns, etc.
- Ability to follow standard safety precautions.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Experience or Qualifications
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Work within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of aircraft anatomy, coatings, and coating application methods
- Working familiarity with a FAR Part 145 repair station environment.
- Airframe, Powerplant, or Repairman Certificate