Performs scheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs, and modifications of avionics and electrical systems installed on small to midsize jet and turboprop aircraft.
This role is an "experienced avionics technician" which is responsible for the performance of scheduled maintenance and inspections, repairs, and modifications on all types of business jet and turboprop aircraft.
Position Location and Schedule
This is a full-time, first-shift position at AVMATS Jet Support.
18377 Edison Ave.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
- Monday - Friday
- 6:45 am to 3:15 pm
- Overtime time available as needed
- 3+ years of work-related experience.
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Working knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical systems
- Exceptional problem-solving.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels.
- Possesses quality focus and documentation skills.
- Ability to follow standard safety precautions.
- Pass a standard FAA visual acuity test with vision corrected to 20/20.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds or more unassisted.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Preferred Experience or Qualifications
- Specific experience with avionics system development.
- Prior issuance of an FAA Repairman Certificate with an avionics repair station as well as having an FCC license.
- Experience with installation or a basic understanding of VHF Comm systems, GPS, VOR, ILS, DME, transponder systems, Autopilot systems, Pitot-Static systems (including RVSM re-certifications), Aircraft batteries, Cabin entertainment systems, FAA regulations, and general flight line troubleshooting.