A & P Technician - Chesterfield
Perform scheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs, and modifications on small to midsize jet and turboprop aircraft.
This role is a “team member” responsible for completing assigned work and reporting directly to the Leadman/Inspector assigned to the project.
Position Location and Schedule
Full-time, first-shift position at AVMATS Jet Support.
18377 Edison Ave.
Chesterfield, MO 63005
- Monday - Friday
- 6:45 am to 3:15 pm
- Overtime time available as needed
- General troubleshooting skills involving isolation and deductive reasoning.
- Familiarity with contents and procedures of the Repair Station Manual and the Quality Control System Manual.
- Have proper hand tools to complete the work assigned.
- Airframe, Powerplant, or Repairman Certificate
- Working familiarity with a FAR Part 145 repair station environment.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to follow standard safety precautions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Experience or Qualifications
- Associates degree in aviation field preferred.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License or enough work experience allowing candidate to test for the A&P License.
- Exceptional troubleshooting ability and supporting and maintaining general aviation aircraft.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Work within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Associate or higher degree in an aviation field.